2018 FULLY SPONSORED ATHLETE
BY THE TRIXIE CHICKS
CATCH LILY IN ACTION WHEN SHE COMPETES AT THE SOUTH DAKOTA TRICK RIDING QUALIFIER ON
JAN. 31 - FEB. 2!!!
- Name? My name is Lily Meyers.
- Age? I am 14 years old.
- Hometown? I live in New Bloomfield, Missouri.
- Grade? I'm in the 8th grade.
- School/College? I attend school at the New Bloomfield High school.
- Plans for additional education (if applicable)? I plan to go to college but I still haven't decided where yet.
- What do you want to be/where do you want to work when you graduate? I would love for my profession to be trick riding, but if all else fails, I want a career that deals with animals.
- What is your current occupation or job title? I am currently a student.
- Trick Riding Career:
- Favorite rodeo/event & why? I love the fact that we are getting qualifiers going and we are spreading the trick riding name across the world again.
- Goals for trick riding career? My goals for my trick riding career are to keep competing in the competitions and hopefully make it to the finals.
- Trick Riding:
- Horse Information (age, breed, # of years trick riding, etc.)? My horse, Scuba Steve, is a Quarter-pony that I have had for two years now. He is 12 years old and had been trick riding for a year now. He was used as a turn back horse for buffalo and cattle. I started training Steve the same time I started learning.
- How long have you been trick riding? I have been trick riding for 1 year.
- Favorite trick? My favorite trick is the Leg through the Saddle, also known as the Backbreaker.
- Who did you learn from/how did you get started? Kelsey Temmen has been my main source of information when it comes to trick riding, but I’ve learned so much from others too.
- Does your family have a trick riding or rodeo history/involvement? My family has never done much of anything with horses until I came along. My mom always loved horses, so I know I get that from her, but I really differ from everyone by hanging off the side of my horse most of the time.
- Who is your role model? I don’t really have a main role model because I look up to so many people, but I am really inspired by Kelsey Temmen.
- Do you have a favorite quote? My favorite quotes is definitely one from Disney’s Tangled. “Venture outside your comfort zone, the results are worth it.” -Rapunzel
- What inspires you to trick ride? Something that inspires me to trick ride would definitely be because it is so different. There aren't very many people that trick ride anymore, and I love being unique.
- What is your favorite part about trick riding? My favorite part about trick riding, would definitely be the fact that I have met so many nice people. Everyone is so fun to be around!!
- Do you compete in trick riding competitions? Yes, I do compete.
- What is your favorite part about competing? Competition is so fun. It's something I never thought about doing until May, when I decided to compete in the Missouri Qualifier. I love getting to see all the great people show off their skills and help each other with everything because we all want to be safe.
- Do you have any advice for someone who wants to compete? My advice to anyone who wants to compete is don’t be afraid to ask questions!! I learn something new every time I trick ride. That’s just how you get better!